We're looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help us deliver exceptional digital products. Reporting to the Product Management Lead, you are a high-agency individual who works relentlessly to push the ship forward towards our north star - revenue.
You have a proven ability to work across different teams, orchestrate highly efficient and productive squads, and understand the organization's objectives. You can turn these objectives into workstreams that are prioritized intelligently, using 'cost of delay' as a tool in prioritization decision-making.
You have a deep understanding of digital products, a great design instinct, and years of experience in user testing that ultimately result in wins. You seek out data about how users use our and competitor’s products, using it to inform your decision-making. With a solid technical foundation, you can easily hold a conversation with engineers.
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for product management and have the ability to lead a team to success, we would love to hear from you.
Chaos Theory works at the digital intersection of sports, entertainment, and cryptocurrency, and we are hiring to grow like crazy. Early in your tenure, we want you to be able to say, “I am driving results, and my work is directly contributing to the kind of growth most companies can only dream of.”
Let’s make that happen together.
A Day In The Life
As the Acquisition and Activation Product Manager your typical day might look something like this:
You start your morning by reviewing your data dashboards. Armed with some early learnings you jump into a team standup.
After the morning check-in, you dive into your main focus of the day: An experiment aimed at optimizing the onboarding process for new users. You’ve already reviewed the existing onboarding flows and identified areas for improvement, so now it’s time to meet with the marketing team to test new messaging that you believe is more engaging and user-friendly, and that better communicates the product's unique value proposition.
With marketing on board, you have a call with the customer support team to ensure that they are aware of the changes you’re making and are equipped with the right resources to assist new users and answer their questions.
Everyone is aligned and clear, so you go ahead and launch your experiment in production, eagerly awaiting the results of new data to stream in. Throughout the rest of the day, you check-in to make sure the experiment is going as you expected. It is, and that’s exciting.
You update the product management lead on progress, and decide together on what is next. You decide to progress an ambitious project that aims to double the length of the user's first session. You briefly list out some high-level ideas, using the PM lead as your sounding board. You agree on a shortlist, and spend the rest of the day further developing the ideas, to present to the rest of the product team for feedback tomorrow.
You are taking the lead and moving things forward. We all win.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Strong experience in user acquisition, conversion optimization, and early user journey.
- Proficiency in data analysis and using data to drive decision-making and optimize performance.
- Experience in managing referral and affiliate programs and campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with marketing, design, and engineering teams.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and platforms such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Segment, and Optimizely.
- Demonstrable experience with A/B testing and conversion rate optimization.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM best practices and how to drive traffic from search engines.
- Familiarity with customer segmentation and persona development.
- Knowledge of product marketing and how to communicate product features and benefits to customers.
- Strong knowledge of UX and design principles.
- Experience in a similar role at another online website or platform.
- Prior experience working with affiliate and referral programs.
- A strong desire to understand the needs of the users, with the ability to turn insight into action.
- Ability to turn complex ideas into simple solutions.
- Buzzwords don’t distract you. You care about outcomes above all else.
It’d be great — but not necessary — if you also had:
- Experience conducting user research, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Hands-on experience in a visual/UI design capacity,
- Copywriting skills,
- Experience working in the sports, entertainment, or cryptocurrency industries would be a plus.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a product acquisition and activation strategy: Collaborate with the Product Management Lead and other stakeholders to identify acquisition and activation opportunities that align with company goals. Drive the development and implementation of a cohesive strategy to effectively acquire new customers and increase activation rates, through channels such as email marketing, referral programs, and other acquisition channels.
- Conduct user research and analysis: Conduct user research and analysis to gain insights into user behavior and preferences. Use these insights to inform product design and development decisions, and identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Optimize user journeys: Optimize the user journey from acquisition to activation, identifying and removing potential roadblocks and friction points that may prevent users from converting. Work closely with the design and engineering teams to implement improvements to the user journey and measure the impact on conversion rates.
- Manage affiliate and referral channels: Manage the affiliate and referral channels, working with external partners to optimize conversion rates and ensure the program is fully utilized by our users. Continuously improve the referral program and explore new partnership opportunities to drive acquisition.
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps: Work with the Product Management Lead and cross-functional teams to develop and maintain a product roadmap that prioritizes acquisition and activation initiatives. Ensure the roadmap is aligned with business objectives and user needs, and communicate progress and changes to stakeholders.
In exchange, we offer:
- A dynamic, collaborative, fun, yet challenging work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- An office located in the heart of Central, Hong Kong. Remote workers will be considered.
- A state-of-the-art entertaining floor, including a fully stocked bar and pantry, gaming consoles, and a growing library.
- A team of 70 globally, representing over 20 countries — we’re multi-cultural and proud of it!
- Onsite company gym/yoga studio with showers, changing rooms, and free daily classes.
- Expensed weekly team lunches a monthly entertainment allowance, and an annual professional development stipend.
- Company events, including Christmas and Summer parties and our much-loved beach BBQs.
Where you’ll work:
Based out of five floors of office, gym, yoga studio, and entertainment space in Hong Kong’s SoHo district, we work with colleagues around the world to shake things up in one of the most exciting places on the internet today — the digital center of sports, entertainment, and cryptocurrency.
We’d love to have you in Hong Kong or a nearby time zone, but the right person could work anywhere.
Interested? Reach out to James at email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you.