But more than that, we want people who are passionate about making a meaningful impact at an exciting company. If that's you, we want to talk.
Chaos Theory works at the digital intersection of sports, entertainment, and cryptocurrency, and we are hiring to grow like crazy. Early in your tenure, we want you to be able to say, “I am learning new things every day, and my work is directly contributing to the kind of growth most companies can only dream of.”
Let’s make that happen together.
A Day in the Life
Your day begins with a review of your inbox, scanning through the employee queries that have come in overnight. There's a question about the new benefits scheme and a request from a manager regarding an internal transfer. With each email, you tap into your vast knowledge of HR best practices, ensuring that every reply you send out is consistent with Chaos Theory's values and culture. As you read and respond, you make thoughtful trade-offs, balancing employee satisfaction with the company’s perspective and policy.
With the morning catch-up out of the way, you head into a team meeting where you discuss the rollout of a new training program. As always, you are detail-oriented, jotting down specific actions and next steps, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks. You are energized by the challenges, thinking about how best to address the diverse needs of Chaos Theory’s employees.
Post lunch, you delve into a task that requires your keen eye for detail: reviewing an updated employee handbook. Your task is to ensure that every section is not only legally compliant but also clearly communicates the values and expectations of Chaos Theory. As you work, your excellent written skills are evident, as you make slight edits to ensure clarity and impact.
Mid-afternoon sees you coordinating a new employee's onboarding process. Here, your logistical skills come to the forefront. You liaise with different teams to ensure a smooth induction, from setting up their workstation to organizing their first-week schedule. It’s a well-organized dance, and you’re at the center, ensuring every beat is perfect.
Your day starts to wind down, but there's an unexpected challenge: an urgent request from a department head regarding a personnel issue. Some might feel stressed, but you approach it with a positive, can-do attitude. Collaborating with the necessary parties, you resolve the matter effectively, showcasing your flexibility and dedication to excellence.
As you close your laptop, reflecting on the day, you're proud of the value you bring to Chaos Theory. You’re not just doing HR; you’re a beacon of trust, support, and excellence in the heart of the company. Another day well spent, and you look forward to the next with the same enthusiasm and determination.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in HR. We’d love to hear about how you’ve improved the day-to-day work lives of employees through smooth operations, clever use of technology and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. Your strong logistical, process and coordination skills will be essential here.
- Great relationship building powers. Building rapport comes naturally to you, and you sprinkle just the right amount of diplomacy and tact in your interactions.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for making improvements based on knowing your people, collecting and analyzing relevant data, and the broader business context.
- A flexible approach and driven personality. You’re able to adapt where needed and also make a strong case for change when needed.
- An excellent understanding of English (verbal and written). You’ll need to communicate effectively with a wide variety of team members, from various cultures, and present (sometimes maybe slightly boring) information in a way that people happily engage with.
It’d be great — but not necessary — if you also had:
- Good understanding of Hong Kong’s Employment Ordinance and HR-related legislations.
- Exposure to UK, Europe or Malta employment laws.
- Some experience with our core tools of choice: Google suite, Slack and BambooHR.
- Spreadsheet and data analysis skills including both the production of useful data, and the ability to draw insights from it.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering broad HR services - this includes onboarding, offboarding, compensation and benefits, performance management, and employee engagement.
- Salary review and quarterly bonus processes - run these from end to end.
- Payroll - liaise with external payroll provider(s) for payroll processing, review of IRD filings, and MPF reporting.
- Policies and processes - optimize existing ones and develop and run new ones as needed.
- Employee engagement - driving initiatives from ideation to delivery from eNPS to the Christmas party.
- Training and development - supporting employees with their individual journeys as well as broader training offerings as needed.
- Assisting with recruitment- ranging from processes and documentation to CV screening and core values interviews.
- Information management, reporting and project management - for all activity in the HR space.
- Supporting leadership on people related matters - such as org design, personnel issues, performance management and retention.
- People management of our HR admins/Office Managers - 1 in HK and 1 in Malta currently.
In exchange we offer:
- A dynamic, collaborative, fun, yet challenging work environment.
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- An office located in the heart of Central, Hong Kong.
- A state-of-the-art entertaining floor, including a fully stocked bar and pantry, gaming consoles, and a growing library.
- A team of 70+ globally representing over 20 countries — we’re multi-cultural and proud of it!
- Onsite company gym / yoga studio with showers, changing rooms and free daily classes.
- Expensed weekly team lunches and a monthly entertainment allowance.
- Company events, including Christmas and Summer parties and our much loved beach BBQs.
Where you’ll work:
Based out of five floors of office, gym, yoga studio, and entertainment space in Hong Kong’s SoHo district, we work with colleagues around the world to shake things up in one of the most exciting places on the internet today — the digital center of sports, entertainment, and cryptocurrency.
We're looking for someone based in Hong Kong for this role – it's a local gig!
Interested? Reach out to Emma at email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you.